THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME

Friday, March 14, 2008

Starting subcultures

Topic: Prison

Sources:
Dyer,Joel. The Perpetual Prisoner Machine: How America Profits from Crime. Colorado: Westview Press, 2001.

Rosenblatt, Elihu. Criminal Injustice: Confronting the Prision Crisis. Massachusetts: South End Press, 1996.

Reflection:

I like the book,Criminal Injustice it has information on prision conditions and it explans how and why prisons got to be the why they are now. The book is composed of information from teachers, prisoners, death row inmates, and religious organizations. All of this would be vital information to consider if I dont get all the info I need from my research site. The book is infavor of inmates and activist that support prisioners. I will also need info from or about the people the work in the jails like parol officers. What is their day to day like not just the inmates. All of this needs to be considered as I move forward with this topic. I feel there is a lot of ground to cover I just need to make sure I can cover it.
The focus I would like to take on this project is still unclear to me. There is a lot to focus on I have to decide the best that will help tie in all of my resources, but im leaning more so to prision conditions.

0 comments: